The wise and wonderful Bethany Hegedus inspired me with a Facebook post about taking Julia Cameron’s advice and creating a Ta-Da List instead of To-Do List. It’s the perfect way to reflect on the end of 2015. So, here’s my list. Taaah-DAAAAAH!
- I landed an amazing new
job as Director of Philanthropy at one of my favorite organizations, Emancipet, and I’m loving it!
- In my ongoing quest to bring my young-adult fantasy series into reality, I mapped out a revision plan for the Book 1, created outlining system for Book 2 (as a perennial pantser, I never thought I could do that!), and started drafting Book 3.
- Before leaving my previous job at Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas, the two Austin events I coordinated set a fundraising record!
- I reconnected with several
of my high school classmates at the Colby High School reunion in June. Now we’re plotting a x0th reunion for just my class in 2016!
- I spent some time with my mother to help her look at moving to Wichita — and she’s now on near the top of the waiting list for a wonderful complex.
- I had my first-ever grown-up Christmas tree, thanks to my artist sister Cathy Gordon (see picture
for a detail and check out her amazing portfolio).
- On the home front, my big purchase this year was — drumroll! — a new furnace!
- I did a better job of paying attention to my health and wellbeing this year by exercising more regularly (next year, I hope to say “excercising regularly”!), almost catching up on my dental work (one crown to go!), and completing a full annual physical. Clean bill of health!
- My nephew Gio came down for SXSW, and we saw 12 bands in three days! I also got to see him again when he came to Austin with my sister Cheryl and niece Sofie in August.
- I made my maiden voyage to Las Vegas in December to celebrate nephew Chris Gordon’s birthday with the Gordon gang! I lost $14.71 cents but it was Vegas, baby!
So there’s my list for 2015. Now I’m off to write up my Taaah-DAAAH List for 2016 — will report back a year from today.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, Y’ALL!